You may request a Certificate of Divorce by completing the information below.
- Processing time for this request may take up to 10 business days excluding time for mailing.
- A divorce certificate will not be available until 31 days after the Judgment is granted; please ensure you do not submit your request prior to the 31-day allotment.
- For divorces granted under the former Divorce Act (decree N.I.S.I and decree absolute), there is a SEARCH FEE associated with a mandatory search. Please refer to, and complete, the following form:
- For divorces granted under the New Divorce Act (Certificate for Divorce), there is no mandatory search, and no accompanying search fee.
- For a Certificate of Divorce that is to be used outside of Canada, you will need to pay a $10.00 authentication fee. For more information on this fee, please refer to:
Names of Both Parties as they appeared on documents
at the time of filing for divorce:
Your contact information:
Address/Street, including Apartment/Suite/Building, City, Province, Country, Postal Code
If urgent, it may be faster to appear in person at the Judicial Centre at which the divorce was granted.
Please press the Submit button only ONCE
. You should be immediately redirected to a Success
page and receive a copy of your request via e-mail.
If you are not redirected to a success page or if you receive an error, please check the text in the form fields for unexpected characters / text that may come from copy and pasting, and try again. If you continue to have problems please let us know by submitting Website feedback